- CanwaxWest executive board (2012 to 2015 & 2017 - present)
- South Okanagan Women In Need Society 2012 to 2017
- PDCAC (board member 2012-2013)
- Federation of Canadian Artists – SOS (2010 - 2012)
- International Encaustic Artists (2012)
2012- 2017 WE (Wisdom & Energy): Project
Bethany founded and ran this project that brought art and holistic practices into the lives of the women and children that SOWINS’ served. SOWINS is a non-profit society that provides services for women who have experienced, or who are at risk of experiencing, violence or abuse.
2015 Christmas for the Critters
A group exhibition, in partnership with Kristine Lee, that raised funds and awareness for AlleyCATS Alliance. AlleyCATS Alliance provides rescue, rehabilitation, medical care and adoption of feral and orphaned cats and kittens throughout the Okanagan Valley.
2013 Healing Journeys
As part of their dual exhibition, Greenhow and Handfield invited 20 members of the community who had significant barriers to making art to create expressions of their own personal journeys within a supportive environment. Their paintings and words follow on these pages. Healing Journeys Booklet