I have been so blessed on my artistic journey with all of the amazing and talented teachers who have inspired and mentored me over the years.
My encausitc journey started in 2006 with a class with Thea Haubrich, who was instrumental in bringing encaustic to Canada and spreading the word about it. She was a teacher, mentor, and friend who gave so generously of herself to all that had the desire to learn.
Linda Robertson and Shary Bartlett have been powerful guides on my path both as teachers and mentors. When Thea passed away in 2013 I was forever grateful for their support as I stepped into teaching. They are both shining stars of creative passion.
I give thanks to Andrea Bird, Angela Hansen, Lora Murphy, Tracy Proctor, Michelle Belto, Michael Bossom, and Anna Maria Aigner who have all been so instructive in my encaustic education over the past 10+ years.
Thank you to Jesse Reno, Kalsang Dawa, Carla Sonheim, and Tamara Laporte for mixed media guidance. Jesse is a shaman of creativity and opened a portal in my mind that I am forever grateful for. Kalsang taught me to really think about why I was painting while making my own paints.
To all of my encaustic friends, the ladies of CanwaxWest, and to my students - I have learned more from all of you than I could ever repay. You inspire and delight me with your love of encaustic and mixed media.
- Life Book 2017 with Tamara Laporte
- Advanced Encaustic Portraiture with Lora Murphy
- Intro to Cold Wax with Patricia Scrivener
- Encaustic Minimalist & RUSTea with Daniella Woolf
- Paper Lanterns with Encaustic Monotypes with Linda Robertson
- In Studio Fall Session with Terry Isaac
- Sinking into the Creative Process, Andrea Bird
- Puppet Workshop with Tim Gosley
- Studio date with Cathy Nichols
- Encaustic Sculpture & Texture with Angela Hansen
- Life Book 2015 with Tamara Laporte
- Mixed Media, Scrolls & Encaustic with Linda Robertson
- ArtStarts Infusion Studio Arts Integration Learning Lab
- Healing Mandala with Kalsang Dawa
- Representational Painting in Encaustic with Tracy Proctor
- Texture and Fabrication in Encaustic with Shary Bartlett
- Year of the Fairy Tale Mixed Media Workshop with Carla Sonheim
- Emily Carr Summer Fine Arts Intensive with Karen Yurkovich
- 5 day studio intensive (level 2) with Jesse Reno
- Paper Making & Encaustic with Michelle Belto
- Toni Onley Artists Project, mentors Wayne White & Mimi Pond
- Healing Medicine Buddha with Kalsang Dawa
- Misfit Dolls with Lana Guerra
- 5 day studio intensive with Jesse Reno
- Brave Intuitive Painting with Flora Bowley
- International Encaustic Artists Retreat
- Two day encaustic workshop intensive with Linda Robertson
- Two day encaustic workshop intensive with Anna-Maria Aigner
- Extensive encaustic classes, circles, and mentorship with Thea Haubrich
1998-2006 Editor for film & television Vancouver, BC IMBD
1998 Foundation Film Diploma – Vancouver Film School
1997 Bachelor of Arts (Behavioral Science) – Macquarie University, NSW Australia